Emergency Medical Associates of Tampa Bay is led by a nine member Board of Directors elected from our physician shareholder group.
ANTHONY I. PIDALA, JR., M.D., F.A.C.E.P.
Medical Director SJH
- A native of Tampa, Dr. Pidala attended the University of South Florida. He went on to Medical School at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida. After an Internship in Internal Medicine at the University of South Florida Affiliated Hospitals, he completed a Residency in Internal Medicine at the same facility.
I. CHARLES SAND, M.D.
- Associate Medical Director SJH
- Dr. Sand, a Florida native, graduated from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida and attended the University of Miami School of Medicine in Miami, Florida.
JAMES P. ROBELLI, M.D., F.A.C.E.P.
- Medical Director SJH South
- Dr. Robelli grew up in Sterling Heights, Michigan and received his undergraduate degree in Physical Science from Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan.
JEFFERY PENDER, D.O.
- Associate Pediatric Medical Director SJH
- Dr. Pender grew up in rural western New York, an hour south of Rochester. He earned his undergraduate degree in 1992 from Villanova University in Villanova, PA.
MATTHEW HOWELL, M.D., F.A.C.E.P.
- Director of Advance Practice Providers
- Dr. Howell grew up in Tampa. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee and attended the University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida.
ROBERT S. KATZ, M.D., F.A.C.E.P.
MAXIMO LUQUE III, M.D., F.A.A.P., F.A.C.E.P.
- Pediatric Medical Director SJH
- Dr. Luque has been a Florida resident for the past 30 years. His attendance at the Universidad de Panama Medical School was followed by a 2 year Flexible Internship.
ANDREW JAY ALEXANDER, M.D.
- Dr. Alexander grew up in the small town of Greenville, PA, just north of Pittsburgh. His undergraduate degree in 1989 was from the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN.
JUAN CARLOS ABANSES, M.D.
KATRINA CORDERO, D.O.
- Medical Director SJH North
- Dr. Katrina Cordero grew up in New York and received an undergraduate dual degree in Biology and Neuroscience while in the Honors program at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts.
TIMOTHY BALLING, M.D.
- Associate Medical Director SJH North
- Dr. Balling is a graduate of the University of South Florida School of Medicine. His undergraduate degree was completed at the University of North Florida.